Roasted beet with chicken wings and mussels by topchef Ron Blaauw
Ingredients for 4 people:
12 chicken wings
Salt and pepper
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
4 tablespoons of soy oil
1 kg of XL mussels
4 tablespoon of soy oil
250 gr mussel vegetables / bouquet
2 cloves of garlic
2 sprigs of thyme
1 dl Noilly Prat (also with dry white wine or beer)
500 gr beet (or 300 gr boiled red beet)
2 tablespoon of mayonnaise
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar.
1 teaspoon of fine mustard
1 tablespoon of tarragon leaves
1 tablespoon capers
- Preheat the WWOO Braaimaster, on an indirect method. A pan or oven is also suitable for this dish.
- Wash the beet and roast for about 2 hours caveman style ¬- on the hot coals of the WWOO Braaimaster.
- Let the beets rest in a closed container and peel them afterwards.
- Marinate the chicken wings for an hour and a half in the herbs. Fry the wings, using an indirect method, on a hot WWOO Braaimaster for about 40 minutes. Let them rest for 5 minutes. Before serving, only remove the bones from the meat.
- Rinse and wash the mussels carefully. Prepare the mussels in a large pan or aluminum barbecue with the ingredients on the WWOO Braaimaster.
- Cut the beet into equal pieces, make a tasty salad with the ingredients.
- Put the beet salad on a large plate.
- Garnish with the mussels (without moisture).
- Add the crispy chicken wings here.
- Garnish the whole with fresh herbs and capers.