Salad of palm cabbage, kale & flowersprouts with crispy bacon by Ron Blaauw
Ingredients for 4 persons:
- 100 gr bacon
- 200 gr potatoes
- 200 gr kale leaves, cleaned and without branches
- 200 gr palm cabbage, cleaned and without branches
- 100 gr flowersprouts
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- ½ lemon
- 50 gr silver onions
- 50 gr little pickles
- 2 tablespoons mayonaise
- 1 ts piccalilly
- Preheat the WWOO Braaimaster, on an indirect method for 170c.
- Bake the bacon in the WWOO Braaimaster (possibly between 2 plates) till it’s crusty. Lay it down on kitchen paper after that.
- Peel the potatoes, cut them in equal blocks and clean them. Cook the potatoes al dente in salted, boiling water and let them steam.
- Cut the kale leaves in thin bars and cook them a short time in boiling water. Rinse the leaves with cold water. Let the cold leaves drain and dry them with kitchen paper or put the leaves in the lettuce mill.
- Clean the apple and cut it in thin slices. Sprinkle some lemon juice over it before it colors brown.
- Use the mayonaise and piccalilli to make a tasteful salad dressing. Mix the salad with all other ingredients.
- Mix it with the salad dressing and garnish the whole dish with the crusty bacon.