Sprouts, bacon and Messeklever cheese by Ron Blaauw
Ingredients for 4 persons:
- 4 slices bread (plakken mooi brood (whole wheat of sourdough)
- 1 dl olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- Sea salt
- 200 gr fresh sprouts (cleaned up)
- 100 gr thin sliced bacon
- (cocktail picks)
- 150 gr Messeklever (Soft, Noord-Hollandse mold cheese)
- 50 g creme fraiche
- Coarse black pepper
- Preheat the WWOO Braaimaster, on an indirect method for 180c.
- Prepare everything. Cut and clean the vegetables.
- Boil the sprouts in boiling water for about 6 minutes. After that, wash with cold water immediately to keep the green color.
- Roll up the sprouts in the bacon slices and fasten this with cocktail picks.
- Stir the Messeklever with the pepper and creme fraiche. Taste it.
- Ron’s advice: Besides Messeklever, you can also use Pierre Robert as an alternative.
- If you want, put the cream cheese in a disposable piping bag.
- Roast the sprouts on the BBQ for about 3 minutes, till they are golden brown and warm.
- Toast the bread on direct fire till it’s golden brown.
- Rasp ½ garlic clove over the toasted bread, drip some olive oil and sprinkle some sea salt over it.
- Add a good portion of the cream cheese on the bread.
- Apply the BBQ sprouts, make sure you remove the picks.
Delicious as an appetizer or just with some drinks.