Surprise your father with a delicious WWOO pizza made in our multifunctional concrete outdoor kitchen. This is a recipe from top chef Ron Blaauw!
For the pizza dough
- 500 gr pizza flour “Tipo 00”
- 3 dl lukewarm water
- 7 gr dry yeast
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Ron’s tip: use some polenta for an extra crispy crust and pizza base!!
For the pizza base
- 200 gr crème fraîche
- 200 gr grated Parmesan cheese
- 100 gr Parma ham
- 100 gr pancetta (Italian bacon)
- 50 g arugula
- 50 gr marinated olives
- 100 gr burrata or mozzarella
- 1 tbsp fresh basil
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh ground pepper
WWOO & accessories
- WWOO anthracite outdoor kitchen from the four elements collection
- WWOO Braai & outdoor fireplace
- WWOO Knife block
- WWOO Wooden storage box
- WWOO Cutting boards
Ron’s tip: prepare the pizza dough the night before and store it in the fridge. Take it out of the fridge three hours before you want to bake the pizza to give it time to slowly rise at room temperature.
How to prepare
- Put the flour in a large bowl. Distribute the salt and yeast evenly on top of the flour. Add 4/5 of the lukewarm water and knead it well with one hand into a compact dough. Now knead the oil through the dough, and possibly some extra water if it’s too dry.
- Take the dough out of the bowl and work through it for another 10 minutes. (You can also use a kitchen machine with the dough hook for this!)
- Cover the dough with plastic and store it in a dark and cool place (a basement storage cabinet or somewhere similar) for 20 minutes. Don’t leave it out in the sun and don’t store it in the fridge!
- Remove the dough from the bowl and divide it into four equal pieces. Turn these pieces into round balls of dough.
- Place the balls of dough on a clean baking tray with baking paper and cover them with a slightly damp cloth. Let this rise for at least one hour if you want to use it immediately. If you prepare the dough the night before, then let it rise overnight.
- Preheat the WWOO Braaimaster or Big Green Egg well and use the pizza stone to bake the pizza on.
- Turn your kitchen top/workbench into a floured surface and place the dough on it. Sprinkle some flour on the dough and work the dough with your fingertips.
- Roll the dough out until you’re left with a thin pizza base and place it on a baking tray or pizza scoop.
- Cover the pizza base with the crème fraîche and sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on it.
- Check the temperature of your Braaimaster or Big Green Egg.
- Bake the pizza on the Pizza Stone at 250 °C.
- While the pizza is in the oven, you briefly bake the pancetta over an open fire.
- The pizza is ready when the crust is golden-brown and the cheese has melted. Remove the pizza from the WWOO Braaimaster or Big Green Egg.
- Richly garnish the pizza with the toppings: the Parma ham, grilled pancetta, olives, and arugula. Tear the burrata into several pieces.
- Don’t forget to add some fresh ground pepper, basil leaves and plenty of olive oil to the pizza.