BBQ Pizza by Ron Blaauw
Father’s day? Surprise your father with a delicious WWOO pizza made in the multifunctional concrete outdoor kitchen of WWOO. The recipe is from top chef Ron Blaauw!
- 500 gr pizza flour “type 00”
- 3 dl hand hot water
- 7 gram og dry yeast.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Flour to roll out
Ron’s tip: use some polenta for an extra crispy crust and bottom !!
- 200 gr creme fraiche
- 200 gr grated Parmesan cheese
- 100 gr Parma ham
- 100 gr Pancetta (Italian bacon)
- 50 g arugula
- 50 gr marinated olives
- 100 gr burrata or mozzarella
- 1 tbsp fresh basil
- 3 tbsp extra vierge olive oil
- Pepper from the mill
WWOO & accessories
- WWOO anthracite outdoor kitchen from the four segments collection
- WWOO braaimaster & outdoor fireplace
- WWOO knife block
- WWOO wooden storage box
- WWOO cutting boards
Ron’s tip: Prepare the dough 1 evening in advance and put it in the fridge and remove it 3 hours before the time to rise slowly and warm up.
- Place the flour in a large container, divide the salt and yeast well. Add 4/5 of the water and knead it well with 1 hand to a compact dough, now knead the oil and possibly some water if too dry.
- Now take it out of the bowl and work through the dough well for 10 minutes. (this is also great in the kitchen machine with the dough hook !)
- Leave the dough covered for 20 minutes in a dark “cool place” basement cupboard or similar. Not in the full sun and not in the fridge !
- Remove the dough from the bowl and divide it into 4 equal pieces and make nice balls.
- Place this on a clean baking sheet with baking paper and cover it with a slightly damp cloth. Let this rise for at least 1 hour if you want to use it immediately, 1 night in advance is advisable !
- Preheat the WWOO Braaimaster or Big Green Egg well and use the pizza stone over direct fire or coal.
- Flour your kitchen top / workbench and place the dough on it. Sprinkle some flour and work the dough well with your fingertips.
- Roll the dough well thin and place it on a baking tray or pizza scoop
- Sprinkle the pizza with the creme fraiche and sprinkle well with the Parmesan cheese.
- Check the temperature of your Braaimaster or Big Green Egg.
- Bake the pizza on the Pizza Stone at 250c.
- In the meantime, cook the pancetta briefly on a direct fire.
- The pizza is ready with a golden-brown crust and melted cheese. Remove the pizza from the WWOO Braaimaster or Big Green Egg.
- Richly garnish the pizza with the toppings.
- Tasty Parma ham, grilled pancetta, olives and arugula. Break the burrata.
- Finish with pepper from the mill, basil leaves and plenty of olive oil