Trout fillet, warm cooked with celeriac and horseradish by Ron Blaauw
Ingredients for 4 persons:
• 1 dl white wine
• 5 pieces of saffron threads
• 1 dl white wine vinegar
• 100 gr granulated sugar
• 10 gr french ginger
• ½ celeriac
• 1 teaspoon horseradish or ½ cm fresh carrot
• 125 gr sour cream
• 1 tablespoon chive
• Salt & pepper
• 4 pieces of trout fillets
• 1 lime
• 1 shallot
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• Preheat the WWOO Braaimaster, on an indirect method for 160c.
• Mix and cook the white wine, white wine vinegar, sugar, saffron and ginger to a delicious sweet & sour emulsion. (preparing this in advance is also possible)
• Clean the celeriac. Clean it properly. Make sure you also use clean cooking materials (knives, etc.) after that, to prevent sand in your dish.
• Cut the celeriac in thin strips.
• Take out the ginger and boil the celeriac quick al dente.
• Prepare a tasty horseradish cream with the sour cream and horseradish.
• Salt the fish fillets in advance. Cover them with a little bit of oil.
• Gently smoke the fish fillets in the WWOO Braaimaster on a low temperature with some smoke wood. Finally, add some lime juice.
• Serve the lukewarm trout fillets with a fresh celeriac salad and some horseradish cream. (a good portion)
• Finish the dish with some thin threads horseradish and cress leaves.
Ron’s advice: Delicious with mackerel, salmon or tuna fish too!